Last Dance

The wedding was everything we hoped for, everything we’d work hard to create. I was so proud of Reggie. He looked incredible, so handsome in his tux. We’d lived together for six years before we finally decided to take the plunge and make it legal. Now at this moment in the reception hall surrounded by all our friends, I wondered why we’d waited this long.

The ceremony was over; we’d eaten, we’d drank, we’d cut the cake and we’d dance our asses off. Now things were winding down and I ready to take my new husband and depart on our much anticipated honeymoon.

He was standing at the side of the room talking to the DJ. As I approached him, he turned and gave me a smile. “Time to head out, my love,” I whispered.

“Not quite yet. We have one more dance just for you and I,” he answered with a grin.

He took my hand and led me out to the dance floor, took me in his arms and gave a nod to the DJ. As the music started, I began I had to laugh. My beautiful brat and his sense of humour had picked the perfect song.



No comments:

Post a Comment